Allergies or the well-known reference to hay fever significantly impacts on a tennis player’s performance. The occurrences create diverse physical frustrations when athletes or sports enthusiasts compete on the field. For these reasons scientists continuously investigate options to assist active people who struggle with the phenomenon.
Tennis players reported many times the challenges they experienced if they struggle with allergies. The effects vary and individuals invest in different measures to prevent allergies from happening. The article below aims to provide an insight into the influences of allergies on tennis players and the use of home purifiers to prevent it.
Effects of Allergies
Allergies normally start after eye or nasal contact with fungi, dust mites, pollen or animal dander. Sometimes allergies change into serious health risks, skin irritations and other irritabilities.
Some key effects tennis players suffered from include:
- Experiences of flue and inability to focus on the game because of constant tiredness. It prevents the tennis player from performing to the standards required. Flue like symptoms impact on a person’s energy levels that prevent people from performing in high-activity events.
- Swollen and sensitive eyes, hands and feet that prevent the athlete from moving around easily. Tennis players also struggle to gain a clear view of the court area and become disorientated.
- Painful, itching and sensitive skin areas that require constant scratching. Nothing irritates a person more if the skin becomes irritable.
- Development of headaches impacts on the athletes' ability to keep focused throughout the game.
- Tennis players struggle with watery eyes and a congested nasal experience.
- Besides struggling at the tennis court sports individuals experience difficulties in their sleeping patterns or reach levels of fatigue.
- In event, a tennis player grapples to perform they become nervous and struggle with different anxiety levels.
Precautions and Recommendations
At first if you an active tennis player you may need to take initial precautions first and then revert to purchasing of a home air filter. The initial recommendations focus on keeping your immediate environment safe. Some suggestions made by health specialists include the following:
- Attempt to keep your home free from dust mites
- The filters in air-conditioners comprise the ability to collect dust and bacteria that create an allergy conducive environment. It stays critical to clean the filters regularly and focus on a hygienic environment.
- In the event, your allergies increase look for medical advice. Many on and off-the-shelf medicines help to start control when you experience hay fever.
- People struggling with allergies should revert to tile floors instead which present an easier method to control air impurities.
- Pets create a problem, especially during the start of the hair shedding season. If you struggle with hay fever, it stays best to allow your loving animals to sleep in their beds.
- Stay away from areas evident of dense smoke.
Home Air Purifier
Home air purifiers allow for a practical option to limit allergy conducive places. Various types of home air purifiers allow the environment to become clean of impurities in the air. Tennis players may invest in the following home air purifiers:
- Mechanical filters that capture dust particles by forcing air through a screen.
- Electronic filters automatically capture particles that may cause allergies, but the areas around the device require regular cleaning.
- Oxygen generators that assist with producing oxygen to limit the occurrence of particles in your home environment.
- People can easily purchase air purifiers to assist with the reduction of air particles. These home air purifiers allow you to easily capture dust, pollen or animal hair that influences your health. Some other types of home air purifiers include the following:
- Five stages of pet support air purifier with additional sensors to monitor dust particles and other impurities in the environment.
- An eco-filter air purifier that automatically switches on when particles occur in the air.
- Three focused air purifier that concentrates on cleaning the air, disinfecting the immediate environment and reduces bad odours.
Besides the different home purifiers, the equipment comprises specific filters. Individuals who struggle with serious allergies should focus on purchasing more specialised add-ons for example:
- Pre-filter that allows for the initial cleaning of the air.
- True Hepa-filter permits for 99% capturing of impurities in the surrounding environment.
- Ozone filter that actively cleans bacteria that occurs in the home.
- Anti-bacteria cell filters that prevent traces of fungi and bacteria in the home.
Allergies impact extensively on tennis players' performance and the maintenance thereof. The reasons reported in the past by different people referred to pet hair, smoke, impurities or collection of dust in home carpets.
The diverse range of air purifiers on the market allows people to clean their immediate environments from pollen, dust or mold. Medical practitioners advise that people who struggle with allergies should first assess their immediate home environment and adapt accordingly. Thereafter decide on the best air purifier to purchase.